Thursday, June 16, 2011

RESULTS!

I am very excited! Today, I saw that Pippin has a very good understanding of “right” and “Left”!

First – when playing ball, I brought out a jump and had him jump the jump in a figure 8 by calling: “jump” “right” “jump” “left”, and with minor body movement from me, he would jump, turn around the pole in the direction indicated, and jump the pole again, and turn correctly again!! Yea!!!

Then – using my small “foot” platforms, we would be standing between the two and I would call out “foot right” and “foot left” and without ANY body indication (no hands or leaning. Can’t tell you if my head tilted or not), Pippin without hesitation, when to the correct platforms! Every time!!

Last – using the “foot” platform and the upside-down laundry hamper, starting in a prance position (standing between my legs), he could go out to the platform and stand directly behind it going in the proper direction indicated. This time, I am using “come by” and “away to me” to prepare for treibball. This last set he is not as confident, but I could tell that understanding is coming along.

Needless to say … both of us are very happy!

And … I am still in my back brace and getting good at standing straight. My head – well, still looking down. My goal will be to look out, but I still want to look at my pup.

Tomorrow's goal - look for confirmation of learning. And then go further!

No comments:

Post a Comment