Monday, June 27, 2011

New Training Log

I am not the most organized person. I am also finding out that when I start my training session with Pippin, I have a general idea in mind of what I want to do, but then I sometimes forget, get side-tracked, or end up repeating myself. Thus, I did what I should have done a long time ago – I created a training chart. This chart now shows the behaviors that I would like to work on with Pippin this summer. It has behaviors that we have been working on and he is doing well, and brand new ones as well. I got a great list of behaviors that I can work with him during this time from suggestions from people on one of the freestyle lists. Right now, there are 56 behaviors listed with room to add 18 more. While I am working on the “heel” position, I am not working on “heeling” as I can’t move at his pace yet. Some of these behaviors I can’t work on yet, such as crawl, BUT I am hoping to get creative and see if there is a way that I can do this with him while standing.

Okay – so I am thinking that I will start at the top of the list and each day work on 10 behaviors. Don’t know if that is too many or not enough. And I will work my way down the list, each day working on the next 10 behaviors. I may find that after a few days, this is not the best approach and will rethink my method.

Gotta love the dog – he is so workable and willing to work anyway that I am working!

No comments:

Post a Comment